A Professional cleaning, performed by a licensed dentist or hygienist like those at Dr. Eng's office, is important to your dental health, just as daily brushing and flossing is. We use specialized instruments and have a great hygienist at East Lake Advancing Dentistry, Diana will:
- Clean the surface of the teeth, removing plaque build-up. Plaque is bacteria, which collects and causes decay, gum disease, and gingivitis.
- Remove tartar from teeth surfaces. Tartar is plaque that has become hardened on the teeth. Removal requires special procedures. Tartar below the gum line is also an indication of gum disease.
- Polish the teeth, removing surface stains.
A deep cleaning is due to gum disease or past periodontal treatments. Our hygienist will identify any issues you may need treatment for.
Dr. Eng will perform examinations to help detect and prevent dental health issues before they become serious. When you have consistent dental check-ups, we are able to catch problems when they are small. If left untreated, small problems become worse and may require more extensive, expensive procedures to repair.
Dental examinations generally include the following:
- Visual tooth decay evaluation.
- X-ray examination to detect hidden issues.
- Gum disease screening.
- Visual gum disease examination.
- Gum pocket measurement and tracking.
- Oral cancer screening.