We use Piezo scalers for most adult dental cleanings. This tool uses ultrasonic vibrations to help breakdown plaque and calculus on the teeth that cause gingivitis and periodontal disease. The ultrasonic cleaners create microscopic bubbles that implode on the surface of the tooth, killing microbes and removing plaque and tartar. The thin tip helps us better navigate in the periodontal pockets helping you maintain optimal gingival health.
- This procedure uses water, no chemicals.
- It removes tartar buildup in hard-to-reach areas, causing no damage to the tooth enamel.
- Manual scaling often uses pressure for cleaning, while the vibration produced by the scaling tip of an Piezo scaler is barely perceptible. This makes ultrasonic cleaning suitable to those with sensitive teeth.
- The cleaning process is faster than manual scaling making your visit more comfortable.
- After your teeth have been cleaned with the ultrasonic cleaner, your teeth will be hand scaled to check for any residual deposits and then polished.
Please call (714) 779-2736 or send us a message via the Contact Us form if you have any questions.